Main component versions in the release:
DK2 Driver Version 07.14.0.25
Nokia Connectivity Cable USB Driver Version 184.108.40.206
Flash Update Package 10.42.000.7
FLS-x Drivers Version 2.09.28
FUSE Connection Manager v 2020.40.2.563.0
MAIN CHANGES & ERROR CORRECTIONS FROM PREVIOUS VERSION 2010.24.8.43820
New Products added
RM-717, RM-730, RM-726, RM-727, RM-728, RM-680, RM-697, RM-720, RM-719, RM-609, RM-610, RM-714, RM-735, RM-721, RM-722, RM-715, RM-698, RM-679, RM-691, RM-699, RX-90, RM-640, RM-662
Product Active Media – button added directly to Phoenix UI. Changing product media between FBUS and USB is now possible without opening FUSE connection Manager separately.
New version of FUSE connection Manager
New version of Flash Update Package
New versions of Product and Instrument API
New rf_losses.ini version 50 for autotune
Changes for viewing Factory and SourceFactory country list in Label Printing UI
Support for new SIM Lock format 3
New Option “SW Reset” added to provide an optimized way to revive malfunctioning device. SW Reset updates software without using content files and it will try to preserve user data as much as possible.
NOTE: Current options for software updating in Phoenix are now the same as in Nokia Care Suite:
– Refurbish: Software will be updated with required content files. User data will be deleted. It is mandatory to have the content files installed on PC, otherwise Refurbishment process will be terminated. Before refurbishing, ensure that you back up user data with PC Suite.
– Update Software: Updates software. User data will be preserved.
– Reset Software: Updates software and resets settings to the factory defaults. Some user data can be lost.
New multiflash UI that supports SW Reset and Restore User Product is renamed Update SW
New GPS Control UI, earlier test UI can still be found in “Quick Test” tab
Support for Windows 7 32 bit Operating system ( 64 bit version is not yet supported)
NOTE: To be able to use the help files in Windows 7 you need to install Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows 7. Ways to locate WinHlp32.exe:
– Start Phoenix with online connection to Internet, select “Help” and “Phoenix help”. Click the “Microsoft Help and Support” website link. Download WinHlp32 and install it.
– Go to https://www.microsoft.com. Type “WinHlp32” to “Search Microsoft.com” – field. Locate Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows 7 and install it
Error Corrections & changes
Improvements to Label Priting. Values given by user were earlier improperly read with some XML configurations
PhoneInfo message timeout increased to 3 seconds to prevent problems for phones requiring long delay
Obsolete menu items removed (Manual CU-4 Initialization etc)
Improvements to phone information reading
Improvements for CU-4 use and connectivity
Corrections to Genius cases 161643, 167808, 163697, 162448, 163501, 163500, 167002
RM-216 flash problem (file exists but not found) corrected
Energy management IBAT Calibration improvements
Improvements to USB dead phpne flashing
Improvements to CU-4 connection without attached phone
Changes to Tucson components for phones with “USB Only” – service concept (RM-596 etc with no FBUS connection available). Further improvements in next Phoenix releases enable Tucson operations without prommer.
– Product Code changes for USB Only – phones (RX-51, RM-596 etc) work only when used with FPS-21 Flash Prommer and USB connection from prommer rear panel to phone. Please select USB as Product Active Media
– Do not use “Flash” option simultaneously with product code change for USB Onbly phones, flash phone separately with Firmware Update
KNOWN ERRORS & LIMITATIONS
Software downgrade with Tucson system is only possible for BB 5.0 products supporting the Data Package 2 concept.
Flashing with setup FLS-5, SS-46 and product specific adapter is not supported anymore
If you install old DCT-4 data packages, Flash Update Package File installation path may be wrong. This is caused by very old DCT-4 data packages which contain Flash Update Package and overwrite current information during installation. If you experience problems when updating FPS-x prommers, please check that Phoenix “Prommer maintenance” is looking for the files from the correct location which is “C:Program FilesCommon FilesNokiaTssFlash”. If not, Phoenix will show error “Update via ini – file failed”. In this case, select “Update” from that Phoenix “Prommer maintenance” – UI, browse to correct directory and select “fpsxupd.ini” for all other prommers except the FPS-8.
Refurbishment flashing and product code change for RX-51 product requires SX-4 card to be available
FPS-21 flashing for RX-51 works only with TCPIP connection. FPS-21 prommer with new HW version is needed to correct this, and it is estimated to be available by the end of 2010
Please refer to product specific documents and instructions concerning the limitations of the RX-51 product
RX-51 flashing does not work when CU-4 is used
RX-51 Product Coie changes work only without FLASH option, please flash phone separately
When version 2010_12_8_42304 or newer with FUSE connection manager is installed on top of older Phoenix versions, there may be an additional delay of several minutes when you start Phoenix for the first time. Please wait patiently; Phoenix will start after configuration is finished.
When using Data Package download functions with online connection, download times may occasionally be long. This is not caused by Phoenix (or Care Suite). The download speed from online servers is occasionally is known to be slow, depending on how data is buffered on caching servers.Note concerning the installation and use with Administrator and User rights:
– If you install Phoenix, start Phoenix and configure connections from FUSE connection manager as Administrator, you may not be able to start Phoenix after you log off and try to use Phoenix with User Rights afterwards
If you experience the above mentioned problem:
– Log on as Administrator
– Deleted Fuse folder and its contents from: C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataNokia
– After this Fuse’s connection list will be empty and it can be used directly with guest/admin rights.
– This has to be done only once.
After you close Phoenix, it may not restart. To rectify this:
– Use Windows Task Manager to manually shut down phoenix.exe and FuseService.exe processes, or optionally restart your PC
Mass memory content file flashing does not work for all products over USB, FPS-10 or FPS-21 Flash Prommer must be used!
Supported operating systems and user rights
Windows XP Service Pack 1 or higher
When installing Phoenix into Win XP you must have local admin rights.
When using in Win XP, user must have power user rights
Windows 7 32 Bit version