Main component versions in the release:
DK2 Driver Version 07.14.0.25
Nokia Connectivity Cable USB Driver Version 22.214.171.124
Flash Update Package 10.46.000
FLS-x Drivers Version 2.09.28
FUSE Connection Manager v 2010.44.0.584
MAIN CHANGES & ERROR CORRECTIONS FROM PREVIOUS VERSION 2010.38.5.44210
New Products added
RM-757, RM-746, RM-729, RM-738, RM-739, RM-724, RM-725, RM-607, RM-608, RM-643, RM-644, RM-744, RM-745, RM-749
New Connectivity Cable driver
New version of FUSE connection Manager
New version of Flash Update Package
New versions of Product API
New PCCS library for Win 7 driver installation
New common data package location taken in use. All Nokia Service Software Applications will use following location for product specific data:
– Windows XP: C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataNokiaPackages
– Windows 7: C:Program DataNokiaPackages
Error Corrections & changes
Changes to GPS Control UI: Quick test – tab is now on top of the other tests when menu is launched
Changes to Tucson components for phones with “USB Only” – service concept (RM-596, RM-675, RM-718 etc, which have no FBUS connection available)
Some obsolete menu items removed
Improvements to keyboard shortcut functionality
Improvements to keyboard test
Changes to File Sysytem Format and Password Erasing for phones with Symbian Operating System
Changes to Band Information writing
Improvements to Audio Control for RM-559
Torch test added to Camera Control UI
This version contains the latest Tucson components. Therefore it is not necessary to use Tucson Add-On Installation Packages
Before you start Phoenix or care Suite installation to Windows 7 the User Account Control (UAC) should be turned off from Windows Control Panel settings.
For more information concerning new common data package location refer to separate Service SW documentation
For more information concerning new options in “Firmware Update” – menu, Current options in Firmware Update UI:
– Refurbish: Software will be updated with required content files. User data will be deleted. It is mandatory to have the content files installed on PC, otherwise Refurbishment process will be terminated. Before refurbishing, ensure that you back up user data with PC Suite.
– Update Software: Updates software. User data will be preserved. Optional Content files are not required because they are not programmed
– Reset Software: Updates software and resets settings to the factory defaults. Some user data can be lost.Optional Content files are not required because they are not programmed
– Product Code changes for USB Only – phones (RX-51, RM-596 etc) work only when used with FPS-21 Flash Prommer and USB connection from prommer rear panel to phone. Please select USB as Product Active Media
– Do not use Flash option simultaneously with product code change for USB Onbly phones, flash phone separately with Firmware Update
– It is recommeneded to use FPS-21 flash prommer with TCPIP connection when refurbishing USB Only – phones (RM-596 etc) due to mandatory optional MMC file size.
KNOWN ERRORS & LIMITATIONS
Software downgrade with Tucson system is only possible for BB 5.0 products supporting the Data Package 2 concept.
Flashing with setup FLS-5, SS-46 and product specific adapter is not supported anymore
If you install old DCT-4 data packages, Flash Update Package File installation path may be wrong. This is caused by very old DCT-4 data packages which contain Flash Update Package and overwrite current information during installation. If you experience problems when updating FPS-x prommers, please check that Phoenix “Prommer maintenance” is looking for the files from the correct location which is “C:Program FilesCommon FilesNokiaTssFlash”. If not, Phoenix will show error “Update via ini – file failed”. In this case, select “Update” from that Phoenix “Prommer maintenance” – UI, browse to correct directory and select “fpsxupd.ini” for all other prommers except the FPS-8.
Refurbishment flashing and product code change for RX-51 product requires SX-4 card to be available
RX-51 flashing does not work when CU-4 is used
RX-51 Product Code changes work only without FLASH option, please flash phone separately
When version 2010_12_8_42304 or newer with FUSE connection manager is installed on top of older Phoenix versions, there may be an additional delay of several minutes when you start Phoenix for the first time. Please wait patiently; Phoenix will start after configuration is finished.
When using Data Package download functions with online connection, download times may occasionally be long. This is not caused by Phoenix (or Care Suite). The download speed from online servers is occasionally known to be slow, depending on how data is buffered on caching servers.
Note concerning the installation and use with Administrator and User rights
– If you install Phoenix, start Phoenix and configure connections from FUSE connection manager as Administrator, you may not be able to start Phoenix after you log off and try to use Phoenix with User Rights afterwards
If you experience the above mentioned problem:
– Log on as Administrator
– Deleted Fuse folder and its contents from: C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataNokia
– After this Fuse’s connection list will be empty and it can be used directly with guest/admin rights.
– This has to be done only once.
After you close Phoenix, it may not restart. To rectify this, please use Windows Task Manager to manually shut down phoenix.exe and FuseService.exe processes, or optionally restart your PC
Mass memory content file flashing does not work for all products over USB – FPS-10 or FPS-21 Flash Prommer must be used!
To be able to use the help files in Windows 7 you need to install Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows 7. Ways to locate WinHlp32.exe:
– Start Phoenix with online connection to Internet, select “Help” and “Phoenix help”. Click the “Microsoft Help and Support” website link. Download WinHlp32 and install it.
– Go to https://www.microsoft.com. Type “WinHlp32” to “Search Microsoft.com” – field. Locate Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows 7 and install it
When using flash prommers, only one connection type to one prommer is allowed. Please use either NFPD USB or NFPD TCPIP connection to one prommer, not both connections to same prommer
Supported operating systems and user rights
Windows XP Service Pack 1 or higher
When installing Phoenix into Win XP you must have local admin rights.
When using in Win XP, user must have power user rights.
Windows 7 32 Bit version