-Do I need to install the application update packages after I update my phone software to Symbian Anna?
-Why should I install the application update packages after I update my phone software to Symbian Anna?
-Why I cannot open my e-mail attachments after I updated my phone software to Symbian Anna?
-I have mixed old & new icons in the menu or Homescreen. How can I fix that?
Application updates are classified as either mandatory (Symbian Anna 1/2), important (Symbian Anna 2/2), or optional (Social, Nokia Store, Angry birds). If those application updates are not done, your experience will not be optimal. Without these updates you’d:
- not have Adobe PDF reader.
- not have Quickoffice.
- not have Microsoft Office Communicator.
- not have In Device Search.
- not have Internet Radio.
- not have Social client.
- not have a working music store.
- have issues with Phone feature is not supported appearing every boot.
- have subtitle support missing from Video player.
- miss all Surround icons for apps that are included in the application packages.
- miss all the error fixes to the service clients and preloaded applications.
- miss all the enablers ( NAC, Qt, SSO, Nokia Notifications ..).
The email attachments can’t be read as Quickoffice/Adobe reader won’t function.
You might see mixed old & new icons in the menu or Homescreen.
No further application updates can be done unless the mandatory Symbian Anna package is installed.