These instructions may not apply to all phone models and manufacturers.
Contacts from your old phone
If you only want to transfer your contacts, or if you use an Apple Mac, use the Contacts Transfer app on your new phone. Contacts Transfer is on the main applications menu on the Lumia devices. If you don’t have this feature, you can download it from Marketplace (just tap Marketplace on Start) .
To get more details regarding the Contacts Transfer read a separate article “From which phones can I transfer my contacts to my new Nokia with Windows Phone using the Contacts Transfer app?”.
Watch the video (English) and learn how to copy contacts to your new Nokia Lumia phone.
If you have previously had a micro-SIM or micro-RUIM card, you can also copy your contacts from your card to your new phone. For more information on how to copy contacts to your SIM or RUIM card, see the user guide of your phone.
Contacts and calendar from an online service
If your contacts and calendar are stored online as part of an online service such as Google Account, Microsoft Exchange, or even Facebook or Twitter, set up that account on your phone and your contacts and calendar entries are imported automatically.
For more information on how to set up an account on your phone, see the user guide of your phone.
Contacts and calendar from your computer
If you want to transfer your calendar entries and to-dos as well as your contacts, you need to have all these:
- Windows Live account
- Microsoft Outlook on your computer
- Microsoft Office Outlook Hotmail Connector downloaded and installed on your computer
If you don’t already have a Windows Live account, you can create one at www.live.com, or using your phone. For more information, see the user guide of your phone.
To download and install Microsoft Office Outlook Hotmail Connector, search for it at www.microsoft.com/download, and follow the displayed instructions. You may need to restart your computer, and you may need to install additional software.
Depending on what you need to install, and how much data you are syncing, this may take a while.
Nokia Symbian and series 40 phones, Android, iPhone, Blackberry
- Use a compatible USB data cable to connect your phone to your PC.
- Use the appropriate sync software on your PC, such as Nokia Suite, HTC Sync, Samsung Kies, or iTunes to sync your contacts, calendar entries, and to-dos from your old phone to your computer, and set the sync software to sync the items to Outlook.
- In Outlook, add the Windows Live account to your Outlook using Microsoft Office Outlook Hotmail Connector. You may need to manually configure the settings.
- Sync the desired content from your Outlook to your Windows Live account. It may take a while before the content is available in your Windows Live account.
- If you haven’t already added your Windows Live account to your new phone, to import the content to your new phone, on your phone, select Settings > email+accounts > add an account >Windows Live, and follow the displayed instructions.
For more detailed information, see the FAQs on how to sync your Outlook contacts and calendar to Windows Phone.
Back up the contacts and calendar entries in your old phone to Windows Live, and import them to your new phone straight from the service.