Just like a computer, your Nokia phone uses software to run. By making sure you always have the latest version of this software, you get:
- performance improvements to things like battery life and applications
- new and improved functions
- the latest versions of Nokia applications and services
- bug fixes
Therefore it’s recommended to regularly let your device check for updates by activating the so called “software update auto check” as below:
- Start the software update application on your phone. For most devices, you will find this application under Menu > Settings > Phone > Phone updates or Menu >Applications > (Tools >) SW Update. If you don’t find the software update application from these menu locations, check the correct location from the user guide.
- Select Options > Settings > Auto-Check for updates. With that in place, your phone will automatically check in specified intervals if there’s a new software availableand prompt you to start the update.