New features in the Care Suite 5.0
– Proximity sensor test for RM-921, RM-902, RM-899, RM-900, RM-920, RM-922, RM-947, RM-958, RM-959, RM-951
– New features for RM-937,RM-934, RM-940 and RM-927: Accelerometer test, ALS Test, ALS calibration, Proximity Sensor Test.
– Multi-refurbish added for RM-944 and RM-945
– Antenna Tuner Calibration for RM-937, RM-939,RM-940 (Function support is added in product sw PR 1.1 and upwards)
– Type Label Printing for RX-113, RX-114
– Memory card test for S40 products
– Support for new products: RM-994, RM-995, RM-996, RM-997, RM-998, RM-934, RM-972, RM-973, RX-113, RX-114
Changes & Error corrections from previous version
Offline installation: Uninstall previous version (2013.38.3) manually before installing this version.
Only the new Common Data Package Location (SR1315) is supported by default. If you need to use other Data Package Locations, they need to be added to the preferences manually.
Do not use Care Suite 4.0 and 5.0 simultaneously. They can be installed on the same PC and launched from the Nokia Application Launcher but not run at the same time.
If it seems that all features are not available on the left hand side of the screen, please click the small arrow next to the list. More features will be shown. This may happen if your screen is not maximized.
Lumia / Windows 7 phones will reboot when they are disconnected – please wait for the phone to restart
Installation of FUSE drivers may take a long time. Therefore it is recommended that the Windows Automatic Driver Installation is disabled from the Control panel. Please go to Windows Control Panel -> System ->Advanced System Settings ->Hardware ->Device Installation Settings and select “Never install driver software from Windows Update”
PC must be connected to network, meaning that Ethernet cable must be connected to PC and connection needs to be configured to work properly. PC must be able to connect to for example internal network, but it is not necessary that PC has an online connection to Internet.
Known errors & limitations
FLS-5 Drivers included in the installation package do not support 64-bit WIndows operating systems. Therefore Care Suite PST can not be used for servicing phones which use FLS-5 (USB_FBUS) connection.
Please do not use diacritical signs when selecting installation path for NCS.
Recovery or Refurbishment Flashing for Lumia Series Devices may fail on first attempt. Please try again, it works the second time around
Asha drivers don’t install when devices are connected via USB hub (on win7). Hub works if user installs drivers first via straight USB connection.
PST release 5.0 can be installed on the same PC with all current Nokia Service Software Applications, but simultaneous use with earlier PST version 4.0 is not possible
Audio input test with RM-899, RM-900 and RM-902 require AHJ headset.
In case of OMTP AV connector the microphone signal pin is switched with ground and the test fails silently.
(no error returned from the device).
Chess patterns do not work with RM-839, RM-840, RM-841, RM-948, RM-949, RM-950, RM-952, RM-953, RM-954, RM-956, RM-957.
The error is on device sw side.
Multi Software Updater 5.0 issues with devices RM-944 (Nokia 108 Dual SIM) and RM-945 (Nokia 108) Multi Software Updater 5.0 has some problem with multi refurbish for devices RM-944 (Nokia 108 Dual SIM) and RM-945 (Nokia 108).
In order to fix this problem please disable Refurbish Logs in preferences. Please follow the instructions below on how to solve this problem:
– Launch “Multi Software Updater 5.0” then go to menu File –> Preferences;
– In preference switch to “Logs” tab then uncheck Refurbish Logs Enable;
– Click Ok button
* When using Multi SW Updater, the recommendation is to use it with up to five devices that are the same model and start the refurbish to every device simultaneously.
* Do not start 1st flash-round with full amount of devices – instead add gradually 2-3 devices – Fuse can be fragile when 8-16 devices at once tries to create new connection
* When using USB Hub please connect devices one by one to the ascending USB ports – it will help you to distinguish which of them had failed and needs to be recovered by Recovery plugin (check IMEI, USB Port # from UI or follow Action Report log for details)
* Do not connect\disconnect devices while other flashings are in progress – all should be finalized (successful or not) – main reason for fail is USB port enumeration done by OS when changing something
* Additional info for 16 simultaneous flashes: Based on testing with Windows Phone 8 devices please follow the following preliminary recommendations for a PC USB setup for maximum stability and timing of the USB bus:
* Use a PC that has at least four (4) independent USB 2.0 host controllers.
* Connect no more than one powered external USB hub to each host controller
* Each external hub must have its own independent power source, with the capability to supply at least 500 mA per device connected to it.
* Connect no more than four (4) devices to each external hub
RM-761, RM-763, RM-781, RM-799, RM-800, RM-813, RM-884, RM-803, RM-809, RM-807, RM-832, RM-834, RM-810, RM-811, RM-812, RM-827, RM-837, RM-871
RM-808, RM-823, RM-802, RM-835, RM-836, RM-849, RM-724, RM-725, RM-819, RM-801, RM-596, RM-601, RM-609, RM-626, RM-639, RM-640, RM-659, RM-662
RM-670, RM-675, RM-679, RM-691, RM-692, RM-693, RM-694, RM-702, RM-704, RM-707, RM-718, RM-730, RM-749, RM-750, RM-754, RM-772, RM-774, RM-775
RM-776, RM-779, RM-766, RM-767, RM-768, RM-696, RM-714, RM-872, RM-873, RM-862, RM-863, RM-864, RM-824, RM-825, RM-826, RM-845, RM-867, RM-846
RM-852, RM-821, RM-820, RM-822, RM-889, RM-898, RM-907, RM-878, RM-838, RM-843, RM-911, RM-913, RM-914, RM-915, RM-917, RM-923, RM-885, RM-887
RM-860, RM-839, RM-840, RM-841, RM-919, RM-921, RM-924, RM-925, RM-926, RM-928, RM-929, RM-892, RM-893, RM-899, RM-900, RM-902, RM-910, RM-875
RM-876, RM-877, RM-927, RM-937, RM-938, RM-939, RM-940, RM-941, RM-942, RM-943, RM-948, RM-949, RM-950, RM-952, RM-953, RM-954, RM-955, RM-956
RM-957, RM-920, RM-922, RM-944, RM-945, RM-947, RM-951, RM-958, RM-959, RM-961, RM-962, RM-963, RM-994, RM-995, RM-996, RM-997, RM-998, RM-934
RM-972, RM-973, RX-113, RX-114