Version 1.0.1198.1419 of the Nokia Data Package Manager Tool is available. This version can be used on all service levels, it replaces earlier versions of the Nokia Data Package Manager Tool.
Please uninstall earlier versions of Data Package Manager 2 Tool from Windows Control Panel before you install this version !
Nokia Data Package Manager 2 is a service software tool which provides following functions:
- Real Time and scheduled downloading of product software files via online connection from Nokia Firmware Repository (FiRe)
- Search function and creation of filters for the data you need to download.
- Checking and organizing your locally installed product software content.
- Nokia Data Package Manager Tool is an independent tool, but it can also be used on same PC with other Nokia Service Software Applications
Changes and Improvements from previous version
- Scheduler feature added
- Support for Dynamic Test Mode Software file downloading, please see article SR4555 in KICS Information Center for details !
- Corrections to Genius cases 194724 and 194765
- Login for both NOL and NCOM
Known Errors & Limitations
Prerequisites for installation and use
- Please install Microsoft .Net 4.5 Framework before installing Nokia Data Package Manager 2
- Administrator rigthts are required for installation
- Nokia Online (NOL) credentials must be provided for downloading device software from Nokia firmware Repository
Uninstall “DPM 2.0” from Windows Control Panel
Data Package Manager 2 version 1.0.1198.1419 can be used for downloading Dynamic Test Mode Software files. Please see article SR4465 in KICS information Center
NOTE: Data Package Manager 1 can not be used as it does not recognize test file types !
When using Data Package Manager 2, you can find and download Dynamic Test Mode Software files in following way
- Run Data Package Manager 2 version 1.0.1198.1419 or newer
- Enter Product Type (like RM-978) to the “Search and Filter” – field
- Look for variant named “Test Mode Package” (like RM-978 Test Mode Package)