It may be possible that Phoenix service software shows error due to *.cardverref.xml – file verification failure when using Firmware Update
The purpose of this article is to provide a workaround for this problem
Phoenix may show an error due to *.cardverref.xml – file verification failure during Firmware Update. This may happen when product software files have been downloaded from Nokia Firmware Repository with Phoenix “Data Package Download” – function or Nokia Data Package Manager tool
This particular file is not necessary for Care, it is used only in production but still gets uploaded to FiRe with other variant specific files.
Care Suite Product Support Tool does not check the version of the file ( it is not used in programming anyway) so error is not shown.
The reason for error is that that different versions of the same file may get downloaded to same product specific folder, when software for different product codes is downloaded from Nokia Firmware Repository.
Go to product specific folder and delete the *.cardverref.xml – file. Then flashing works again. Please see attached document for screenshots.
EXAMPLE CASE AND SOLUTION FOR RM-596:
- Use DPM to Download files for RM-596 code 059C7R0
- RM-596_M020.44.emmc.cardverref.xml – file for 059C7R0 is 366 bytes in size
- Use DPM to Download files for RM-596 code 0599250
- RM-596_M020.44.emmc.cardverref.xml file for 0599250 is 375 bytes in size
- Now there are two versions of the same file in the same product specific data location
- Refurbishment flash with Phoenix
- 0599250 -> OK
- 059C7R0 -> FAIL ( files for this variant were downloaded first, RM-596_M020.44.emmc.cardverref.xml was Overwritten by dfferent version of the same file)
- The name of the file causing problem is shown in the error message
- Delete RM-596_M020.44.emmc.cardverref.xml from product specific folder
- After this Refurbishment flash with Phoenix
- 059C7R0 -> OK
- 0599250 -> OK
Issue did not exist when offline data packages were used, they were put together with one file which did not change. But when files are coming down from FiRe it is possible to get different versions of this file.